Monday, February 23, 2015

2-23 work check list


This is one of those days where it’s hard to think of what to write. It’s early, I’m tired and I wish I didn’t have to go to work today. At work I’ve been working overtime for months now. We are short handed and then my co workers each get 27 days and 6 sick days each. I only have two other co workers and one is out on short term disabililty. I hope she doesn’t come back. She isn’t able to do her job fully and it’s hard on my because I have to pickup some of her work. Then my other co worker will call in sick more than the 6 days given to them (paid). So I feel like I don’t ever get caught up. That makes for a long week. Then I have school on top of it. I wish I would have stayed in college when I was young. Oh well, can’t change the past, only look to the future. I will be glad when I get my Associates in Bus. And don’t have to work and juggle school. I am pretty good at time management, but it’s not fun having no free time on the weekend or in the evenings during the week. I will have to make myself a checklist for work with my duties, I forgot to order break room supplies on Wednesday for Thursday. They like us to all create an order for the same day delivery so they aren’t making more than one trip a week. Luckily it’s coming from our own warehouse, so it’s not a huge deal. I emailed Helen in the warehouse and explained I was busy and forgot and could they deliver them when they had time today. She said no problem, but if it keeps happening it will become an issue with her. I will make a checklist and keep a close eye on it each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment