Tuesday, February 24, 2015

2-24 sick


I have a headache and my nose is running and my throat hursts. We had our kids over the other night for dinner and my step son didn’t feel well. We played cards and I think now I’m getting his cold. I should have not played cards with him. My nose keeps tingling and then runs. I don’t like feeling like this. I have to work and do my school work, I can’t feel crappy. I went to bed early and didn’t think much about it, it was 8pm but I was really tired, so I went. I got up at my normal time and new immediately that I was getting sick. I hope my husband doesn’t get sick too. I just took some dayquill and a cough drop. Luckily we had some medicine from a month ago when my husband didn’t feel well. I am tired and wish I could go back to bed. We get sick pay at my work, 6 days a year. I only used 2 last year. I don’t want to be known as the girl you can’t depend on. I have a co worker who uses her sick days and more. She used to take her 27 days vacation and 6 sick days and take several other days off as sick. Finally my work made a rule that is you have used your sick days and still have vacation, you have to use a vacation day and not just take off with no pay. She was getting more than her 33 days off a year, she was getting like 43. It’s a lot of time off. Now she has to use a vacation day instead just getting a day off with no pay. Suddenly she took less sick days during the year. Funny how she wasn’t as sick when it would take away from her vacation days. I will not take a day off today, I will get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment