Wednesday, February 25, 2015

2-25 busy day


I have a busy day at work today, we have a meeting, I have to help file, I have to help at the switchboard, and do my regular work. The good thing is the day will go by fast. I don’t mind filing, I like doing it by myself, I can think while I file, and not talk to anyone else. My mind wanders and I think of things that I have to do later. It’s in a room with a door, so no one walks by and talks to you. The only draw back is it is cold in there. So I always wear a coat. The switchboard is at the front desk. I have to give breaks and lunch to the girl up front. I don’t mind this either, I like answering the phones and greeting people coming in and going out. I’ve met some of the vendors I’ve talked to on the phone. It’s always nice to put a face with a name. Our meeting is only thirty minutes with human resources. I think it’s just a meeting to see what are we thinking. It’s only a small group, they are are having several small meetings with employees. I’ve heard they are wanting input on what do we like, what do we not like, what would we like to see or change. I like this idea but most people won’t say what they really are thinking. They are more likely to go in and talk to human resources one on one. They will feel more comfortable in a one on one situation. I know I won’t say much, I will give praise to the work they are doing with charities and the small thank you gifts they give to employees. On Valentines, they gave us all cupcakes. They have given us jeans day for $5 to raise money for charity, and they have raffled off a day of work. I tried to win the day off, but did not.

No comments:

Post a Comment