Thursday, February 26, 2015

2-26 home gma


I feel better this morning. Which I’m glad, don’t like feeling sick. I am getting really excited to visit my daughter, she is due next week. My Grandma went from the hospital to a group home. My Aunt can’t take care of her anymore. This is really sad. I know my Aunt is getting old and can’t take of her anymore and has done it for a long time. I’m just afraid she will go downhill quickly. My mom put her in a group home in AZ back when my mom was still alive and couldn’t handle my Grandma calling her at all hours of the night needing to go to the hospital. My Grandma hated living there. She made friends and played cards and still had her car and drove places, but felt her independence was gone. I felt so bad for her and I lived in CA so I couldn’t visit her very often. I am not there so I can’t see how she is really doing, it’s one thing to hear she is doing this way or that way. I am going in April and hope she is still there when I get there. I talk to her and she sounds ok, but they keep telling me she has good days and bad days. She has dimensia and forgets things apparently. I’m having a rough time with this, as I’ve wrote before, I love my Grandma very much. I have all these great memories and I know they won’t go away when she passes, but I’m selfish and don’t want her to go. I know she is ready to be with the lord and my Grandpa. He died when I was ten. I’m 42 now, so she has been without him for a long time. I sadly don’t have very many memories of him. He had had a heart attack and was not very physical when I would visit them. He didn’t play games with me like my Grandma. I’m not saying I didn’t love him, I just didn’t know him.

No comments:

Post a Comment